Terms of Admission
In accepting a student to Crassenstein, we consider
- Willingness and ability to fulfill the academic and boarding requirements, and also acknowledge the principles of our education philosophy.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Privatschule Schloss Crassenstein.
- the personality and motivation to give one’s best and to share experiences and talents with others.
- the applicant’s potential to benefit from the educational program.
- Willingness to take on tasks and duties within the boarding school community.
- Linguistic ability in English and German.
- Willingness to abide by school policies confirmed by teachers and students, as well as mandated by German law.
- Fulfilment of the school’s financial and medical requirements.
Admission during the course of the school year is not advisable but is possible with suitable justification.
All applicants must have successfully completed the previous grade (or equivalent) in their current school.
Applicants for the IB Diploma Program are required to speak English well enough to take part in grammar school level lessons without any limitations.
We offer the chance to catch up on what is missing either in the German or English Courses.
However, applicants to Grade 10 and above should be conversant in written and spoken English and German.
All applicants must pass Placement Tests in different subjects.
Privatschule Schloss Crassenstein
|Admission Office Diestedde, Germany
Ms. Andrea Stemmann
Phone: +49 2520 931 26 15
Fax.: +49 2520 931 2629
|Admission Office Shanghai, China
Ms. Qian Yi Zheng
Phone: +86 21 6255 9986
Mobile: +86 182 2150 6192
|Admission Representative for South East Asia Singapore
Mr. Erich Vosshage
Tel: +65 68 72 16 86
Mobile: +65 96 31 37 74
- The completed Application Form – handwritten by the applicant herself | himself – should be returned to the Admissions Office. The language certificate as well as the listed documents on page 2 of the form should be included, such as CV, copies of report cards from grade 8 onward, photo, etc.
- Introductory Days for applicants: Individual Introductory Days for applicants are possible in principle. Dates must match the routine in school and boarding. The students receive a touch of boarding life and the parents have the opportunity to tour the campus and arrange a personal appointment with the Principal.
Students who have attended the Crassenstein Summer Camp do not necessarily take part in Introductory Days.
An individual appointment for interviews and placement tests can be scheduled.
- After acceptance, the completed Registration Forms as well as the required documents, i.e. copy of birth certificate, should be sent to the Admission Office.
- The Crassenstein School and Boarding Contract is sent to the parents for their signatures. Students 18 years and older are also obliged to sign the contract.
- In case of need, please be aware of visa regulations from your country. It can take up to two months or more for processing a student visa. Deadline for applicants who need a student visa is usually mid of May.
- The first term is considered as a trial period.
© 2017 Privatschule Schloss Crassenstein GmbH | Am Schloss 1 | 59329 Wadersloh-Diestedde | Germany